Miracles happen every day! The husband watches as his wife is taken off life support, but she immediately …

Making the decision to remove someone you like from life support when the outlook is bleak must be the most difficult decision anyone could ever make.

Ryan Finley was forced to make such a decision after his wife Jill went into a coma.

Ryan discovered her unresponsive and not breathing. He dashed towards her, doing everything he could to assist her regain consciousness until paramedics came. He even administered CPR and prayed for a favorable outcome despite knowing the odds were stacked against him.

Jill was brought back to life by paramedics, but her heart was weak and her breathing was slow. She was taken to Oklahoma Heart Hospital and placed in a suit that lowered her temperature in order to reduce the harm to her oxygen-depleted brain. Unfortunately, she passed out.

Every day, Ryan prayed. He never gave up hope, but days grew into weeks, and he was told Jill had no chance. He was then asked to consider whether physicians should turn off her life support.

He wrote about that day in his diary and his words are heart-breaking, to say the least.

“Today could be the worst day of my life. I essentially have to decide whether or not she will die or not,” Ryan wrote, according to TODAY. He tried to put himself in Jill’s place and believed she wouldn’t want to live her life like that so he made the call.

Jill was still there when the machine was turned off after the entire family had said their goodbyes. Doctors indicated that she would not die immediately because she was in the midst of the «last rally.»

Jill began rambling at that point. To her husband’s surprise, who was in the throes of grief, she told him to get her out of there and take her to Melting Pot or Ted’s, two of her favorite Mexican restaurants.

Ryan knew his loved one would make it, no matter how crazy that sounded. And he was right. Jill breathed on her own and went through heart surgery and rehabilitation.

Speaking of the time she spent in a coma, Jill explained that she didn’t remember anything but had issues with her short-term memory and pronouncing certain words. Otherwise, she felt fine and was ready to grab this second chance God had given to her.

The couple is thankful they are still together and are going stronger than ever before. “We cherish each day, each minute, each hour now,” Jill told TODAY. “Not that we didn’t before, it just puts it more in perspective.”


Добавить комментарий

Ваш адрес email не будет опубликован. Обязательные поля помечены *